- Back Story: In addition to a government sanctioned 15 second TVC that addresses responsible drinking, we had to craft a campaign that positions Ketel One as the drink of choice for responsible, and maturing, millennials.
- Challenge: Convince a new generation of consumers that throughout Ketel One’s 300 year history, they continue to emerge as the drink of choice for the relevant and the responsible college grad.
- Research: Analysis of competitors market placement and market shares. This was followed by in-person interviews with 24-35 year olds to better understand what they’re going through on a daily basis and bartenders to get a better sense of who they currently see as the typical Ketel One customer.
- Discovery: They have the foresight not to make the same mistakes of the past, but are not 100% reliable just yet; coupled with societal pressure to establish themselves as successful in their fields, they often revel in the smaller accomplishments that lead them in the right general direction.
- Strategy: Take pride in each excellent decision (responsible drinking included) you make in life, big or small, they add up.
- Execution: Our campaign celebrated each of these ‘excellent decisions’ through a print campaign playing off their well-known ‘Dear Ketel One Drinker’ series, a physical time capsule where participants could add their own ‘Excellent Decision’ stories via social media to be printed out and preserved, and a memorable 15 second TVC that ‘applauds’ responsible drinking.
Convince a new generation of consumers that despite Ketel One’s 300 year history, they continue to emerge as the drink of choice for relevant and the responsible college grad.
15 Second TVC:
(Deck and additional applications of campaign available on request)
Lucian Wintrich AP
Jeane P Santillan AP
Kelly Glover CW
Leonardo Matarazzo AD
Agnes Uggla CW